Master of Public Health,
National Taiwan University
September 2017 – Present Section Chief, Medical Administration, Department of Public Health, Taoyuan City
November 2012 – August 2017 Technical Specialist, Epidemic Intelligence Center, Taiwan Centers for Disease Control
March 2005 – October 2012 Assistant Technical Specialist, Division of Surveillance, Taiwan Centers for Disease Control
Hospital Searching with the Elders in Taoyuan s
- Details of Background: Taoyuan belongs to the first six cities with the largest population in Taiwan. Every kind of resource is abundant and the traffic is convenient. However, the distribution of medical resources is not average. The current percentage of population of Taoyuan is 10.68% and tends to increase year by year. Therefore, it becomes an important issue when senior group goes to see a doctor. To deal with the problem of aged population structure and to evaluate the development of medical resources of Taoyuan City in more macroscopic way, it is important to analyze the hospital preference of the group which is above 65 years old.
- Research method: 1) The official statistics from Ministry of Health and Welfare, Health Promotion Administration is used with National Health Insurance Database of National Health Research Institutes from 2009-2013 to organize and analyze the related medical care reference. 2) Through the combination between Little Medical Helper and hospitals, clinics, we provide care service for the elders who are above 65 years old with care system.
- Results and Effects
- Medical Utilization for Out-patient Clinic: The people who go to out-patient clinic mainly use medical care in place. If the local medical care can’t satisfy their needs, they will go to the area with intensively arranged hospitals. People from coastal area (Guanyin District) tend to go to Zhongli and Xinwu districts nearby to see a doctor.
- Medical Utilization for Emergency : There are four 24 hour emergency hospitals in Taoyuan District of Taoyuan City. It is the most important emergency center of the whole Taoyuan City. This district is also the main referral area for the districts without emergency service for 24 hour. Patients from Guanyin District are referred to Pingzhen District.
- Medical Utilization for Admission: There are four 24 hour emergency hospitals in Taoyuan District of Taoyuan City. The only one Medical Center in Taoyuan City is located in Guishan District. Therefore, people will prefer to go to the districts listed above for admission.
- Conclusion: In general, Taoyuan is a medical ecological area which is self-sufficient. Most residents still focus on the medical service provided from Taoyuan City. There is only 3% of people will go to other city to see a doctor. This plan can help to evaluate and plan the development of medical care system. However, the impact factors are complicated for the time for elders to go see a doctor which include the service process of medical institution, whether the hierarchical medical system is practiced, and inconvenient traffic, etc. In the future, hierarchical medical system for community can be strengthened and traffic transport network can be established through Little Medical Helper Plan to shorten the time for elders to go see a doctor.